Deus Ex Universe
What started as a website became an interactive destination that showcased the Deus Ex universe in a whole new way.
To compliment the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Hibernum designed Deus Ex's first-ever companion app that worked hand-in-hand with its custom online destination site to give fans an insider's look at Deus Ex's rich history.
Using an exclusive in-app scanner, users unlocked unique videos, comics, and art from Deus Ex that unveiled detailed information about the series. Everything from artwork to level design was accessible to users through the app. The app and site also included tie ins to the game's DXU point system. The combined experience gave Deus Ex's dedicated following the chance to show they were the ultimate fans, and to join the development team in their journey to release the first new generation installment of the Deus Ex franchise!
About the project
- Eidos Montréal
- April 2015
- Service Provided
Full Game Development
Full App Development
- Responsive Web site to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices
- CMS system that allows the client to publish, edit and modify content
- Multiple custom sections highlighting the franchise content
- Innovative in-app scanner allows users to unlock exclusive content such as videos, audio clips, comics, and screenshots
- Dynamic news system controlled by the client via CMS
- Access to mobile-optimized version of product Web site